Get the look of high-end Florentine marbled paper using budget-friendly materials.
What You’ll Need:
- 12″ x 12″ white cardstock paper
- Foam shaving cream
- Acrylic paint the shaving cream and place it on some (3–4 coordinating shades per cracker)
- Stir stick
- Container (large enough for size of paper)
- Small trinkets and printed jokes for inside the cracker
- Cracker snaps (find these at Amazon or Michaels)
- Double-sided tape
- Cardboard tubes (or leftover toilet paper rolls)
How To Make Marbled Paper:
- Fill a container with a layer of shaving cream.
- Add squirts of acrylic paint in different colors.
- Swirl the paint gently into the shaving cream with sticks to create streaks of color. Don’t overmix.
- Place the paper into the container and press down lightly into the shaving cream until all of the paper has come in contact with the foam, around 5-10 seconds.
- Lift the paper out of the shaving cream and place it on some newspaper or scrap paper.
- Using a squeegee, remove the excess shaving cream from the paper.
- Leave to dry.
How To Make Crackers:
- Lay marble paper upside down on a work surface and position the cardboard tube in the top centre of the paper.
- Apply a piece of double-sided tape to the paper to hold the tube in place.
- Roll the paper around the tube and secure it with double-sided tape.
- Pinch the paper on one side of the cracker around the ends of the cardboard tube and fasten it with the ribbon.
- Place the cracker snap into the open end of the tube and fill the tube with a small trinket, joke, etc.
- Tie off the other end of the cracker with a piece of ribbon.
Author: Emma Reddington and Jen Evans